Konkatedra Wniebowzięcia Najświętszej Marii Panny

Concatedral St. Mary’s often called the “crown of Gdansk” is Europe’s largest temple built of brick. Powerful its walls and towers rise high above the city skyline and the vast surroundings.

The foundation stone of the present church was laid on the feast of the Annunciation on March 25 1343r. Temple was built in stages over 159 years. On 28 July 1502 years at. 16.00 champion Henry Hetzel put the last brick vaults.

The Basilica has a length of 105.5 m, width of 66 m in the transept. The cubic capacity is 155 000 m. The 27 free-standing pillars supporting the great stellar vault and crystal.

Gdansk temple Mary’s November 20, 1965 with the bull the Pope Paul VI was raised to the rank of Minor Basilica.

Hello everyone on the official website of the St Mary’s Basilica in Gdansk and invite you to visit our beautiful church.

Priest Prelate Ireneusz Bradtke Rector St. Mary’s Basilica

INFORMATION

ACCESS

Contact Us:

Name:

Email:

Verification Image

Enter number from above: